Monday, February 21, 2011

Life Dilemma

Should I buy a house? Should I buy a car? Should I travel more? Should I this should I that....... It's not easy thing to achieve right?

I was informed of something quite ugly today. I should take it positively. Shouldn't take things negatively at all.

Okei, today on, I am going to live a more disciplined and well managed life.
Need to clear my wardrobe again and also my messy make up drawer. Life is so difficult over here at Malaysia. The rich get richer the poor get poorer.

I see more perspective of Malaysia, and it always ended up disappointing. Look at the society, look at their lives. It's all shopping mall oriented. Who becomes richer?? Have you ever ask yourself, why every shopping malls in Malaysia is the same?? The shops you can find in every mall is almost the same!!! Let me name a few here, they are always Himalaya, Watson, Guardian, PDI, Guess, Parkson, Bata, McD, KFC, Pizza Hut, Burger King, Subway and so on. There are only a few repeated branded shops that are able to survive in this high rental malls!! And I just find every malls are just the same. Even if you go up to Melaka, Johor, Penang, or KL wherever you see a big big malls, they are always with the standard branded shops. They are always the same!

You certainly can find Shihlin (Taiwanese food stall), New Zealand Natural, Baskin 31 Robins, Hot dog 1901. Hey people, they are all doing franchising all over Malaysia. People who support them, are making these boss who franchise their business richer.

We no longer find unique, inspired, special, artistic shops in malls. Enthusiast, talented, visionaries, entrepreneurs young people are able to run their business through websites only. Chances are decorating their websites that appear like a shop to them. We shoppers paying some big shit amount of parking just to see the dominant business seller in the market, from a place to another.

And those people who don't have their own standing often find themselves drowned into the blind society of buying fancying and aiming for branded bags and clothing. They themselves become poorer in order to support the rich. And so the rich get richer.

Until today, I still fail to find the meaning or the excitement or the permanent happiness if I were to own some branded bags that would cost 100% of my pay. I would be happy enough with a 70% on sale bag with pretty good design that can serve me well.

I would find my money well spend on helping people, on creating a good relationship/friendship, on creating meaning in the life of others or just giving to the poor ones who failed to fill their stomach with healthy food.

Why do I see the world in such a way? Maybe because I am still not a parent. Maybe someday when I am a mother, I wouldn't say all this. I would just reserve the best for my kids maybe?

I still think doing the best is the best words to live with. Cheers

No comments: